BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Time to READ

Since my graduation, my interest in reading has heightened a lot. A few books that I have read this summer include:

The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
- a monster of an amazing book. Its super long, about 980 pages or something, but I have never read a book that long that has kept me for the entire time in complete suspense. This is a very fun historical book

Candide by Voltaire
- A look at man in the face of absurd cicrumstances. Nice and quick classical read.

Paranoia by Joseph Finder
- Cheesy popcorn book, but a page-turner nonetheless

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- GREAT mystery crime thriller that paints an eerie yet mesmerizing picture of Sweden. It has two sequels, which I will read after I read this nonfiction. I find myself not really to be one to read sequels right after I read the first. I tend to get tired of an authors style for a bit. But no doubt I will return to this series, probably after this next book.

I just picked up a nonfiction memoir called Eastward to Tartary by Robert Kaplan, which chronicles a man's travels from Eastern Europe to Central Asia in the 1990s. This is basically a piece on the ever-present and ever-changings conflict between the East and the West, which is ride up my alley. Hopefully it won't be boring though

0 comments: